The originating document has been archived. We cannot confirm the completeness, accuracy and currency of the content.
Adoxa TT Kit
Generic Name: doxycycline (DOX-i-SYE-kleen)
Brand Name: Morgidox Kit
Adoxa TT Kit is used for:
Adoxa TT Kit is a kit containing a tetracycline antibiotic and a cleanser. The antibiotic works by slowing the growth of bacteria, which helps the body's immune system to kill the bacteria. The cleanser helps to keep the skin clean. Using both together helps to reduce acne.
Do NOT use Adoxa TT Kit if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Adoxa TT Kit or to any other tetracycline antibiotic (eg, minocycline)
- you are taking acitretin, isotretinoin, or a penicillin antibiotic (eg, amoxicillin)
- you have recently received or will be receiving a live oral typhoid vaccine
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Adoxa TT Kit:
Some medical conditions may interact with Adoxa TT Kit. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have diarrhea or a history of lupus or the blood disease porphyria
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Adoxa TT Kit. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Antacids, barbiturates (eg, phenobarbital), carbamazepine, hydantoins (eg, phenytoin), iron, or urinary alkalinizers (eg, sodium bicarbonate) because they may decrease Adoxa TT Kit's effectiveness
- Acitretin, anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), digoxin, insulin, isotretinoin, or methotrexate because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Adoxa TT Kit
- Hormonal birth control (eg, birth control pills), live oral typhoid vaccine, or penicillins (eg, amoxicillin) because their effectiveness may be decreased by Adoxa TT Kit
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Adoxa TT Kit may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Adoxa TT Kit:
Use Adoxa TT Kit as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Adoxa TT Kit kit contains antibiotic capsules and a cleanser.
- To use the cleanser:
- Wet the skin. Pump the cleanser into your hands and gently massage it into the skin. Rinse thoroughly with water and pat dry with a soft towel.
- To take the antibiotic:
- Take Adoxa TT Kit by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- Take Adoxa TT Kit with a full glass of water (8 oz/240 mL) and drink plenty of fluids to prevent ulcers and reduce throat irritation.
- Do not eat or drink calcium-rich foods (eg, milk or other dairy products, calcium-enriched juices) or take an antacid that has aluminum, calcium, or magnesium in it; bismuth subsalicylate; iron; urinary alkalinizers (eg, sodium bicarbonate); or multivitamins with minerals within 2 hours before or 2 hours after you take Adoxa TT Kit.
- Use Adoxa TT Kit on a regular schedule to get the most benefit from it. It may take several days to weeks to see the full effect of Adoxa TT Kit.
- To clear up your infection completely, take Adoxa TT Kit for the full course of treatment. Keep taking it even if your condition improves in a few days.
- Do not use Adoxa TT Kit if it is past the expiration date on the bottle.
- If you miss a dose of Adoxa TT Kit, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Adoxa TT Kit.
Important safety information:
- The cleanser is for external use only. Do not get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth. If you get it in your eyes, rinse at once with cool water.
- Adoxa TT Kit only works against bacteria; it does not treat viral infections (eg, the common cold).
- Be sure to use Adoxa TT Kit for the full course of treatment. If you do not, the medicine may not clear up your infection completely. The bacteria could also become less sensitive to this or other medicines. This could make the infection harder to treat in the future.
- Long-term or repeated use of Adoxa TT Kit may cause a second infection. Tell your doctor if signs of a second infection occur. Your medicine may need to be changed to treat this.
- Do not receive a live vaccine (eg, typhoid) while you are taking Adoxa TT Kit. Talk with your doctor before you receive any vaccine.
- Hormonal birth control (eg, birth control pills) may not work as well while you are using Adoxa TT Kit. To prevent pregnancy, use an extra form of birth control (eg, condoms).
- Adoxa TT Kit may cause you to become sunburned more easily. Avoid the sun, sunlamps, or tanning booths until you know how you react to Adoxa TT Kit. Use a sunscreen or wear protective clothing if you must be outside for more than a short time.
- Mild diarrhea is common with antibiotic use. However, a more serious form of diarrhea (pseudomembranous colitis) may rarely occur. This may develop while you use the antibiotic or within several months after you stop using it. Contact your doctor right away if stomach pain or cramps, severe diarrhea, or bloody stools occur. Do not treat diarrhea without first checking with your doctor.
- Do NOT take more than the recommended dose or use for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- Talk with your doctor before you use any other medicines or cleansers on your skin.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Adoxa TT Kit before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Adoxa TT Kit may interfere with certain lab tests. Be sure your doctor and lab personnel know you are taking Adoxa TT Kit.
- Lab tests, including liver function, kidney function, and complete blood cell counts, may be performed while you use Adoxa TT Kit. These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Adoxa TT Kit should not be used in CHILDREN younger than 8 years old; permanent yellow-gray-brown tooth discoloration may occur.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: Adoxa TT Kit has been shown to cause harm to the fetus. If you think you may be pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Adoxa TT Kit while you are pregnant. Adoxa TT Kit is found in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking Adoxa TT Kit.
Possible side effects of Adoxa TT Kit:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Mild diarrhea; mild loss of appetite; nausea; vomiting.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; unusual hoarseness); bloody stools; chest pain; decreased urination; fever, chills, or sore throat; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; severe or persistent diarrhea; severe or persistent headache; stomach pain or cramps; symptoms of liver problems (eg, dark urine, persistent loss of appetite, pale stools, unusual nausea or stomach pain, yellowing of the skin or eyes); throat irritation or pain; trouble swallowing; unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual joint pain; unusual tiredness or weakness; vaginal irritation or discharge; vision changes.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Adoxa TT Kit:
Store the antibiotic at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store the cleanser between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Adoxa TT Kit out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Adoxa TT Kit, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Adoxa TT Kit is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Adoxa TT Kit or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Adoxa TT Kit. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Adoxa TT Kit. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Adoxa TT Kit.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.