A little background first, I have had panic attacks for 20 years. I was on 20mg Prozac the entire time and controlled my panic by making my world smaller (avoiding a situation that I could panic). A few months ago I started having anxiety on a daily basis, something that I have never experienced before. I went to a psych dr and was prescribed Zoloft (generic Sertraline). Beginning dose was 25 mg for 1 week then increase to 50 mg. I was terrified to start this drug so I broke the pill down to 12.5 mg to begin. I took 12.5 mg for 1 week then increased to 25mg. I have been taking 25 mg for 1 week today, and have felt really good for the past few days, and not so good today, I actually had a panic attack out of the blue this morning.
SO... here is my question; I am supposed to increase my dose to 50 mg tonight and I am TERRIFIED! I had to take a 1/4 mg of Lorazepam to get to work today, and I try to avoid taking Benzos at all costs. (I don't know why I avoid them because I know they help) Anyway, if I increase my dose to 50 mg am I going to have severe anxiety because of the increase??? Ughhhh... I just want to feel better and get the life back that I lost 20 years ago when the panic attacks and agoraphobia started.
PLEASE don't message me unless Zoloft has helped you, I AM TRYING to stay positive minded and give this med a chance to help me. Thank you in advance for your help!