Zoloft vs LexaproI have been taking Zoloft for 2 weeks now and no improvement in my anxiety. I have?

janiebme 5 Feb 2016

Hi Melanie-
Sometimes it takes longer for the med to kick into its full therapeutic level. You did not say if you have been on Lexparo or if you want to try it? Zoloft did not work for me too many side effects and did not help my anxiety. I was on Lexapro for 4 weeks once and it did help the anxiety. Everyone is different in what works for them or not. You many want to give it more time, but that is an individual choice. Hope you find what works for you :)

melaniedw 5 Feb 2016

Thanks for the reply. I have not tried Lexapro before but have heard good things about it.

LaurieShay 6 Feb 2016

Two weeks is not enough time for the medication to reach therapeutic level. Takes more like 4 - 6 weeks to feel noticeable results.