Zoloft is taken for what?

NewYorkGuy44 2 Apr 2011

Zoloft is an Anti- Depressant which helps treat a number of different things. In Most cases it is used for Depression, and Anxiety Disorders. Medications such as these are known as SSRI's. They are not a Narcotic, so It would not help you to try to give you a little boost, Besides Medication that is not Precribed to you is very dangerous to take, always get your Doctors approval, or at least ask a Pharmacy, before taking any pill, that you might find, or someone gives you. Be Smart and throw them away.
But Basically Zoloft is used for Treating Depression.
I hope I was Helpful, give me a thumbs up or a STAR. Thanks NewYorkGuy44.

sweetie pie 2 Apr 2011

Danelle, hello! So you want to know what Zoloft is for? When a doctor prescribes any medication it is vital that he or she go over the medication information with their patient so that they are informed about what they are taking and if there are any risks that are involved.. As you know now, Zoloft is used for depression and anxiety. Have you been diagnosed with depression or anxiety? If not, please do not take the Zoloft if you have any pills. It is dangerous to take any drug that is not prescribed for you. There could be serious negative outcomes and you would be risking your life. I have been on Zoloft for years now and it literally changed my life . I have never felt better. If you think you have depression or anxiety please make an appt. with a medical doctor or preferrably a mental health provider. I am here to support you! Sweetie Pie.