Ok so about 4 years ago I started to get Panic Attacks. At first I didn't know what they were so I just worked my way through them. I would go for months with no panic attacks and then I'd get sometimes 2-3 per day! I didn't know what was going on so I went to a doctor. He did all the tests and prescribed me with Xanax.

I read up on everything so while I did take 2 or 3 of these preferred not to because of the addictiveness of them. I found "coping mechanisms" to get me through the panic attacks - including jumping in a cold shower whether clothes were on or not!

I went to doctors and cardio specialists to make sure it wasn't my heart - my heart is fine!

So recently they started to get worse - and at no certain times. The only thing I could come up with that triggered them was the fear of having another one and the fact that I could always feel my heartbeat so when it sped up, I would freak out. I looked at my Xanax and they had expired so I went back to the doctor. He prescribed me Inderal 40. After the first few days it started to work great (couldn't feel my heartbeat all the time and felt more relaxed. I also felt that my memory was better) except that I started to have really vivid nightmares and when I woke up I could still feel them. So back to the doctor.

Now he's precribed me Zoloft. I just don't know if it's going to have a similar effect and so don't know if it's right or not. Any feedback would be great!

Cheers,
Bernie