As the title says, I've been on Zoloft (went from 25mg to 50mg for most of my life, and now I'm on 37.5mg; though I tend to cheat and take 50mg anyway because I get stressed otherwise) since I was 9, and I am now 19. Because of this, it's hard for me to gauge what's caused by the medication and what is caused by other factors.

For one thing, I always get headaches. My mom says I've always gotten headaches, though I always ignored it and lived with it because it was such a 'normal' part of my life. Recently they've gotten more frequent and more annoying (not debilitating or anything, just annoying).

The other thing is asexuality. Now I've read that Zoloft decreases sex drive, but would being on it since before puberty affect my sexuality permanently? My doctor says no. My mom wants to wane me off of Zoloft because she thinks my lack of sexual (and romantic) attraction is due to the medication, but two problems arise with that: is it too late because the Zoloft hindered my development, and also I am scared to not take it because I cannot function emotionally without it (I cry at everything and exist in a permanent adrenaline-high, fight-or-flight mode).

Then there's weight gain/loss. This is the smallest issue, because I can attribute this to my eating habits in middle and part of high school. I've been able to lose weight since then and I am a very healthy eater and go the gym five times a week. I just can't lose any more when I know I have weight to lose (I'm 5'3" and 138 lbs, when I know I can be 125). Again, this is the smallest issue, since there are a billion other factors at work, and I have a pretty positive body image minus that nagging feeling of "I gotta keep trying."

So yeah. I had no idea where else to ask or who else because I don't QUITE trust my doctor completely because he seems concerned with keeping my business and selling the medicine. The big question is: how would being on zoloft for so long affect me? Could these all be attributed to zoloft? Will zoloft continue to affect me negatively in the future if it does at all?