Can I take Zantac and levothyroxine together?

chuck1957 14 Jan 2015

John I ran these drugs through our Interaction right here on our site Drugs.com and here is your answer... I was going to say no problem but i just wanted to double check..don't worry about this combo this is what the system says.Also chuck1957

Interactions between your selected drugs

No results found - however, this does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. ALWAYS consult with your doctor or pharmacist. And i have seen these taken often when i was still working... very common..chuck your good to go.

kaismama 14 Jan 2015

No you cannot take them together. You are supposed to take thyroid meds first thing in the morning on an empty stomach with a full a glass of water and nothing else. Half an hour later you can have anything you want.

chuck1957 14 Jan 2015

Thanks Kaismama FOR fixing that I was not clear at all I was not thinking about the part that you take the levothyroxine is taken all by its self with just water then later take what else you have to take... Sorry all I was focused on that the two can be taken during the day just not at the same time... great catch Chuck1957

SHEsevEN4 19 Jan 2015

Levothyroxine should be taken first with 8oz glass of water, wait I/2 hr. then take your zantac.

chuck1957 19 Jan 2015

Right you have it now no thanks to me and take it about the same time each day.
chuck1957

chuck1957 19 Jan 2015

chuck1957