I don't know if I put this under the right category... But this is super embarrassing for me, I just don't know where to turn to.

I'm only a 24 year old female (not sexually active) and for the past while (maybe 4-6 or so months) I started noticing a fairly solid lump on my anus when I wipe (feels directly on or just above, maybe perineum area? - not on the sides) - it hasn't gone away, it does cause a lot of itching but so far no blood except maybe for the light drops once in a while & no pain.

At first I didn't think much of it, thought maybe it'd go away, I wasn't even sure if anything had changed, maybe it was just something I didn't notice before.
I'm way to scared to bring it up with my usual doctor, just talking about it might be fine but the idea of a physical rectal exam terrifies me - I've never even had a pap.

I've been going online trying to get some answers and now I've got myself scared of it being cancer... I keep thinking to myself that's silly, but if it is something more serious I don't want to leave it.

What should I do? Does it sound like it's most likely just piles or a fissure? or something more?

Thanks in advance.