Skip to Content

How do you know for sure if you have rheumatoid arthritis? one doctor says I do and I says I don't?

Responses (2)

Inactive 8 Jun 2014

If you haven't already done so, go to a rheumatologist. They will do blood tests that check for specific antibodies that only show up if you have RA. The results of that test along with any symptoms you have will tell them if you have RA.

tsue20 8 Jun 2014

My family doctor did some kind of blood test and told me I had RA. I was going to a Rheumatologist and he said he thought I had fibro also. He gave me pain meds and anti inflammatories but the anti inflammatories gave me severe indigestion. He then sent me a letter saying I could no longer go there because I missed 3 appointments. I then went to the only other rheumatologist in town and he said my blood test showed positive for RA but the blood test to support it were negative. He treated me as if I was trying to get narcotics from him. I left there in tears and went to pain management.

kaismama 8 Jun 2014

Lab work usually. free discount card

Search for questions

Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.

Similar Questions