I've had a couple strokes in the last 5 years, so sometimes I can get a little scatterbrained. I have a DVT blood clot in my femoral vein, in between my knee and my groin. I started out taking 15 mg of Xarelto, twice a day for 20 days. Then I went on a maintenance dose of sorts. It is 20 mg, once daily, which I usually take in the mornings. Being in poor health, I take a lot of medicine in the evenings as well. Tonight, while taking my night meds I accidentally took another 20 mg Xarelto. I'm not currently bleeding anywhere that I know of, except for some slight bleeding in my sinuses, which is common for me this time of year. I am more than a little worried because I know the only cure for Xarelto is to stop taking it. It does not respond to vitamin K like Warfarin or Heparin.

It's already after hours, and it would take a trip to the Baylor Heart Hospital in Plano, TX to get my doctor involved.

I need some advice. Should I rush to the hospital where all they can do is place me under observation, or should I stay home, try not to get too stressed out, and be extremely careful? Any input, especially from a health care professional would be greatly appreciated!