Are you able to work while taking Erivedge ?

jerryswfla 12 Nov 2017

I am 73 yrs young and I started on Erivedge in Sept 2015! I do lots of volunteer work and maintain my home and lawn! I haven't found that Erividge has stopped me from being active although my energy level does dwindle in the later part of the day!

wendabee 6 Dec 2017

I have been on it for 3 months and only missed 1 day of FT work so far. I have a desk job so it's not very physical.

fryamy2016 6 Dec 2017

I have been on since Feb 2017, I have to admit I have only missed 1 day. I go to school full-time with clinicals 2-3 times a week. I agree I get really tired and loose energy in the evening or late afternoons. I do not take that much medicine now for nausea, wish they had something for fatigue and hair loss. Yes I have almost lost all my hair, my hair is really thinned out and almost bald in some places on my head. I am worried after I finish school in Feb if I will be able to handle a full time job, on the go constantly and still take the chemo medicine. I say a prayer ever night that God will get me throw this and allow me to do my dream job after I finish school.

wendabee 6 Dec 2017

fryamy2016 I have a question for you. How long does your Dr. want you to be on Erivedge? I have BCC on my scalp. I'm 3 months into 6 months. I couldn't imagine being on it as long as you have. I too am loosing all my hair and have terrible leg cramps.

fryamy2016 6 Dec 2017

I went to the Dr 3 weeks ago, my Dermatologists said at least 3-4 more months, then we might try intermittent dosage where I take chemo every other day. That depends on if the cancer will stay away or continue to grow. My Dr said in the beginning like to try a year see how it works, I have to admit when I first started taking the chemo the basal cells where all over my face even up in my hair, thank the good lord now I have just a few on my face and my big ones have shrunk, I have already had the right side of my face reconstructed 2006-2007. I had one that removed the whole right side of my cheek that took alot of surgeries to fix.

fryamy2016 6 Dec 2017

I have really bad leg cramps to, but I use blue emu oil ointment that I apply on my legs cramp area and drink pickle juice when I get leg cramps. A fellow nurse gave me OTC medicine for leg cramps called LEG Cramps that she got at Walmart, she said it works for leg cramps. I have not tried it yet, knock on wood, I have not had a leg cramp in about a week .

wendabee 7 Dec 2017

fryamy2016 - Thank you so much for all the helpful information! My BCC started in 2010 at age 40. Hopefully Erivedge will destroy my future cancer cells too. I'll give the pickle juice a try (that's good for hangovers too I read) and I found some Hyland's Leg Cramp pills and cream online.