Can you swim while wearing a Butran patch?

Factfinder411 25 Aug 2013

If you can shower with it, I'm sure you can swim with it. If you have the drug inset pamphlet it should say.

Recovery2009 25 Aug 2013

Hi. I have been wearing the 20micron patch for awhile and I have been swimming in the pool this summer at least 3 times a week and I've also been in the ocean. I have not had any issues with the patch coming off.

subzero58 26 Aug 2013

yes you can,but you may want to put one of those plastic patches over it,just ask your pharmacist about them. then go enjoy yourself in a pool :)

big50 1 Sep 2013

Yes, it even say's this on the acual site, I swim almost every day. Make sure they are on good, sometimes I wait a day or if they are ready to be changed, i wait till im done swimming. I have never had on come off and the way they are made the medication will not wash away. So swim, but like I said I wait a day if I just put them on, or ill wait till im done swimming an I am back in the water-pool the next day. Hope this helped.
Blessings

JeremyL84 7 days ago

I just got out of my pool, which I have been swimming in for around 20 minutes, and my patch fell off in the pool. This was my first time submerging the patch entirely in the several months I have been using it. So, there is a chance that it could come off in the pool.

I'll provide some extra details if it helps...
I applied the patch 2 days ago, to my upper left arm. I use 20 mcg/hour patches for a duration of 1 week.