Would you recommend chromium picolinate for weight loss? any side-effects? is it bad for health on?

cetteferge 3 Apr 2012

I've been taking Chromium Piccolinate for years, along with my other supplements, meds, etc. It was suggested by an Accupuncturist/Naturalist healer many years ago, and I just continued it. I'm not aware of any interactions, but was told it helped to metabolize glucose, decrease cravings for carbs, sweets, even some fats. I have a family history of diabetes 2. I've even heard of studies that claimed it helped depression. I'm not an expert about it, by any means, but my eating habits have changed much in the last 10 years. My appetite is much reduced, which sometimes is not good, because I could stand some more veggies and salad! But, I'll continue taking it, twice a day, because my depression is much reduced, oddly enough. Not claiming it was that. But, I don't think it has hurt me. Over the years, however, I've been told by many health people that it can help with metabolism, so that's enough for me! Good luck!

Anonymous 3 Apr 2012

I totally agree. When my hubby was very overwieght, & diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, & HBP, high cholesterol etc,,, he was at Mayo Clinic, & they put him on 200mcg twice a day... Mary