Where can you purchase the drug Qsymia, and is it an over the counter drug?

kaismama 11 Apr 2013

No it is not otc. You need a prescription. Any pharmacy should have it.

pippi330 18 May 2013

It is only sold through a prescription mail order service at this time. Your doctor will send the prescription to CVS, Walgreens, or Walmart Home Delivery. On their website Qsymia.com they have a 14 day free trial and first months supply for $75.00 offer. Most insurance companies do not cover the medication at this time, and it runs about $150.00 for a one month supply. My doctor told me Walmart was a little cheaper than the others - but it will be $149.00 a month. I was just prescribed this medication a few days ago - will be getting my first month supply from UPS in a few days. It depends on your health care provider and/or if you have insurance through your employer - they can opt out of some types of medications. Qsymia is catagorized as a "weight loss" drug even though it is prescribed and monitored by your doctor. My doctor said she thought it would be totally worth the $$... so we'll see.