Can you still have protected sex while having brown discharge from the depo shot and will it cause?

LousArk 9 Feb 2016

As long as you have your shots on time, you are protected against pregnancy. You are not protected against STDs.
How many shots have you had/how long have you been on Depo Provera?

Ladywhite2000123 9 Feb 2016

Tubes are tied (13yrs)..second shot since Oct 2015... no stds..my doc put me on the shot bc of heavy periods plus i have very low iron..

LousArk 9 Feb 2016

It's common to get brown/red/pink discharge or spotting, sometimes even bleeding, for the first 2-3 shots. It usually stops altogether by the time you've had 3, at most.

LousArk 9 Feb 2016

Other than that, what I will mention is that I was also on Depo Provera for heavy periods, & now I deal with it naturally.
Once I'd got all of the artificial hormones out of my body, I began to use a reputable liver support capsule each day (our hormones are regulated by our liver) & also the natural product Agnus Castus (Chaste Tree) drops. I use the A. Vogel brand, as it's excellent quality. It got me back into a regular, light-medium flow menstrual cycle, with little PMS (I used to get it very severely), within a few months, & now I continue to use it as a maintenance dose, to keep on top of things.