Can you take promethazine with trazadone?

happybrandee 4 Nov 2012

I am only going to answer from my own expirence... I took promethazine with Trazadone and had no problems with it... but the was many years ago. the only thing that I noticed is that it made me VERY sleepy taking them both together! But if I were you, I would check with the doctor or doctors who prescribed the meds or I would call my pharmacist and ask them if it is ok to take them together because everyone is different and everyone reacts differently to medications... just because it didn't harm me to take the two medications together doesn't mean that it won't harm you..

Anonymous 4 Nov 2012

Hello kebethell,

Welcome to the site.

Interactions between your selected drugs

trazodone ↔ promethazine

Applies to: trazodone, promethazine
Using promethazine together with traZODone may make your blood pressure lower. You may need dose adjustments or special tests in order to safely take both medications together. You should notify your doctor if you have symptoms of low blood pressure and an increase in heart rate. It is important that you tell your healthcare provider about all other medications that you are using including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using your medications without first talking to your doctor first.

Switch to professional interaction data

Other drugs that your selected drugs interact with

promethazine interacts with more than 500 other drugs.
trazodone interacts with more than 300 other drugs.

Interactions between your selected drugs and food

Anonymous 4 Nov 2012

Hello kebetthell. Yes you can. Ask your doctor for guidance when combining the two. Regards pledge