Do you need a prescription for Acetaminophen/Hydrocodone?

kaismama 9 Apr 2014

In the USA? You most surely do, its a controlled drug. You need a hand written prescription every time too. No refills allowed.

DzooBaby 10 Apr 2014

Absolutely, at least in most countries! In the US you certainly do. It is considered a Schedule II controlled substance now so no calls from the Drs office to the pharmacy and no refills any longer!

Mlevo1011 25 Jul 2014

Yes of course you do. However, one of the other comments said no refills allowed, which is incorrect. Only Schedule 2 drugs ( I.e. OxyContin, Ritalin, and Percocet) are not allowed to have refills on it.

wrichard979 29 Apr 2018

I am a vet was in nam 1969 got in to agent orange got neuropathy and I am not diabetes the V A gave gabapentin then they gave Pregabalin and they did not work for me I still had the pain in my feet now the V A want me to take Duloxetine when i told the V A that the hydrocodone-Acetaminophen was the only thing that worked for the pain and the V A told me that it was a drug and could give it to me