What can you do to help persuade the mind that no matter the amount of Xanax they are still working?

chuck1957 24 Oct 2017

Jay marie; most find that you continue to tell yourself just what you said. And and it is very important that you back up your medication with positive thinking ignore and try to stay away from negative thinkers that make you feel worse when you get away from them and faith and a sense of humor which are tool to use and know that every shake, heart skip is not the anxiety. If you continue to have problems make sure you talk to your doctor or it sometimes is very helpful to see a therapist to help deal with negative thoughts. Good luck and have a nice day. I am sorry that I have to type in caps. Chemotherapy has really messed up my eyes if you have any problems fell free to get back to me. Chuck1957

Stephen Treloar 24 Oct 2017

If you cannot tell if it is working or not you must have become badly habituated. Only by you taking an extended break will restore its efficacy.

You cannot convince your conscious mind that something is working if you cannot tell if it is. It is kind of like a reverse placebo effect.