Can you take a percocet 6 hours after norco 5m/325mg?

madhupjoshimd 22 Mar 2013

Patients are usually only prescribed 1 medication with Tylenol as it can easily be taken in larger than recommended amounts.
Please talk 2 your doctor for cosideration of changing your medications,
Avoid taking both Percocet & Norco.
Sincerely,
Madhup Joshi, MD
Maui, Hawaii

mhelcl 22 Mar 2013

You can do that and it will not hurt you as long as you do not exceed the daily limit on Tylenol, but how did you end up having to do this ? No Dr, would instruct you or prescribe it this way. Check with you Dr. and stick to his instructions.

DzooBaby 22 Mar 2013

I have to disagree with the above poster. I have often seen people on both Norco and Percocet and often given by the same Dr. They give the Norco for lesser pain and Percocet for more severe pain. Yes, you can take Percocet 6 hours after Norco but you do have to be aware of the amount of acetaminophen you are getting from all sources and be sure you dont go over the amount of 3000-4000mg of acetaminophen in any 24 hour period. You may want to ask your prescriber about the limit of how many tablets combined you can take in a 24 hour period. You didnt say what strength your percocet is.

DzooBaby 23 Mar 2013

It is not a common way to prescribe it but I have seen it. I used to have a Dr who prescribed both Vicodin and Darvocet for me. I took Darvocet for lesser pain and Vicodin for more severe pain but I was given limits as to how much of each I could use in a 24 hour period.

Dannian 22 Mar 2013

Did your Dr switch your Meds? If this is a new prescription give the Dr a quick call before the weekend
It is not common practice to prescribe 2 Meds at the same time containing acetometaphrine because it can damage the liver quickly
If it has been 6 hours I would worry less but I would not take these Meds together
I am confused by your post and wonder why you have both Meds without clear instructions
Be safe and feel better
D