What can you take for pains or aches that won't interfere with the Gleevec? Thank u?

Orokoro 4 Oct 2013

You should always ask your doctor first before getting advice from other patients about taking painkillers and Gleevec together.
My Hematologist told me only to take
Acetaminophen for pain while taking Gleevec.
Drugs.com has many serious warnings about Acetaminophen and Gleevec because both can be harsh on liver function. Therefore together they can be extra harsh and you have to be careful about using Acetaminophen. I only take Acetaminophen when I am in really bad pain, I try to avoid using them together and just deal with the
pain. I am unsure about other painkillers and Gleevec taken together, but whatever you take the painkiller will have to go through your liver at the same time. Be aware of that. Taking them together over a prolonged period of time is certainly not advised.
Go to Drugs. Com Gleevec interactions and look up any painkiller you want to take. Remember always
always always ask your doctor first. I wish you well and hope I have
helped.