Can you lay in the tanning bed while taking Harvoni?

masso 6 Feb 2015

Generic Name: ledipasvir and sofosbuvir
Brand Name: Harvoni

What should I avoid while taking ledipasvir and sofosbuvir?
Avoid taking an antacid within 4 hours before or 4 hours after you take ledipasvir and sofosbuvir. This especially includes antacids that contain aluminum or magnesium (Acid Gone, Aldroxicon, Alternagel, Di-Gel, Gaviscon, Gelusil, Genaton, Maalox, Maldroxal, Milk of Magnesia, Mintox, Mylagen, Mylanta, Pepcid Complete, Rolaids, Rulox, and others).

Avoid taking an herbal supplement containing St. John's wort while you are taking ledipasvir and sofosbuvir.

Taking this medication will not prevent you from passing hepatitis C to other people. Do not have unprotected sex or share razors or toothbrushes. Talk with your doctor about safe ways to prevent HCV transmission during sex. Sharing drug or medicine needles is never safe, even for a healthy person.

https://www.drugs.com/mtm/harvoni.html

suelvnv 9 Feb 2015

You didn't really answer the question. Some things just haven't been considered. Are you saying tanning beds are fine. Some women won't dye their hair during treatment.

jolo100 19 Feb 2015

I think the "big one" hasn't been listed.
Don't drink alcohol in any way.
jt

jolo100 19 Feb 2015

I have had Hep C for what has to be 35 years.
Naturally, I have been aware of it for 20 years.
During this time, my wife and I have had four healthy children.
Jt

paulette47 15 Feb 2015

I am a licensed Esthetician and I also am taking Harvoni for the cure. In my professional opinion it is best to never go in a tanning bed. It is best to have the best lifestyle you can have while on treatment as to give your body the best chance of getting full benefit of the gift that has been given to you. Exercise and walking outdoors for 30 minutes a day will give you color and benefit. Here is a link to educate you on the cons of tanning beds. Healthresearchfunding.org
Good Luck with your treatment. In my opinion I am living the best I can to rid myself of this terrible disease.
Sending you Healing Light n Love
Paulette