IF your Cardiologist has prescribed Neurontin, then I would think it's perfectly fine. Just make certain that each of your doctors have all of your information, if one of them is unaware that you had a heart attack then certain prescriptions could be in error.
Best wishes to you,
1.I was given gabapentin/neurotin 2 years back and now taking Pre gablin ,better molecule than gaba pentene.It is safe after heart attack and the dosage needs to be adjusted.
2.If you are taking for Nerve pain, then better to take up physiotherapy , massage and regular exercise.
3.Yoga , meditation , Breathing exercises along with lower dosages of cardiac medicine have helped me to improve ejection factor for heart from 30 % to 55% now at 59.
4. Ensure strict Diet control and reduction in sugar and salt by 50 %.
5.You should also target to reduce dosage of Neurotin by 50 % in 2 years.
6.Regular massage with medicated oils is of great help.
7. I am trying to achieve Synergy between indian system of medicine and Modern medicine , which I believe has helped me and many in India to recover from heart attack . Good Luck-
- Neurontin Information for Consumers
- Neurontin Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Neurontin (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 23 Mar 2011 • 3 answers
Posted 22 Jul 2011 • 1 answer
Posted 23 Feb 2012 • 4 answers
Posted 27 Jun 2012 • 3 answers
Posted 19 May 2015 • 1 answer