Have you ever heard of taking a small dose of Zoloft with Effexor 150?

Pansy404 9 Apr 2013

No I haven't. Has your doctor suggested that this will help you? I have been taking 150mg Effexor Xr for quite a few years on its own. Do you find it is not effective enough for you?

Donna Medine 9 Apr 2013

I've been taking 150mg of Effexor Xr for 4 or 5 yrs. But in the last year, I've had neck surgery,my brother-in-law died, we were evacuated from our home because of a sinkhole, lived with my daughter and her husband, had to buy another house, and my brother died in January. It's been a rough year. I was so stressed I couldn't get out of bed for 3 weeks. So when I went to see my Dr. He suggested that I take a small dose of another antidepressant along with the effexor. I tried celexa and had a severe reaction to it. Now he wants me to take Zoloft which I have taken before without problems. I am just afraid to mix these medications together.

LaurieShay 9 Apr 2013

Not a good idea to mix these two type antidepressants. Here is the link to read: https://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=2296-1523,2057-1348

If you need to you can increase the Effexor or there are other antidepressants that could be added to Effexor such as Wellbutrin.