How would you know if your a good candidate to take benlysta ? I was diagnosed with lupus 1yr ago?

Superchic 14 Aug 2015

Sorry to say, and remind others, but with Lupus, everyones' system is different. Diagnosed in 2007, I've felt more or less like an experiment. Your Rheumatologist is your best bet if he's familiar with the drug. As always, get a second opinion AND do your own research. Find the results of the drug trials so that you know ALL the possibilities. Look on the FDA website for best and safe use practices.
Take care.

Gunyanna 14 Aug 2015

Hi Laura, I have been researching Benlysta on lupus forums & it seems to be a bit hit & miss. Some say that it has helped with their fatigue & sun sensitivity. I was very excited when I first heard of it but unfortunately it does not seem to be widely used, not in the lupus forums that I am involved with anyway. I'm sure your medical professional would have an opinion on it, would be interesting to know his/her thoughts. Good luck...