Can you take geritol while taking a blood thinner such as warfarin?

terca 9 May 2012

There are several different types of geritol, but anytime you take something that contains iron in conjunction with something that effects blood clotting time, it's worth checking with the doctor overseeing your PT/INR. Especially if it is the multivitamin type, as it may also contain Vitamin K supplementation, which is a definite no-no with warfarin. When you ask your doctor, make sure you have certain info ready, such as: is this something you take regularly prior to being put on the warfarin, and if so, for how long and why?
Terca

butterflylynn 10 May 2012

You need to check with a pharmacist & they can tell you.
I am also on Warafrin & the only Multi Vitamin I have found without Vitamin K (this vitamin thickens your blood) is Prenatal Vitamins. But make sure to check with your Dr. or a pharmacist.

JessieS 21 Sep 2012

I often recommend K Free Daily to my patients. It is designed specifically for people on anticoagulants.