Skip to Content

How do you find a really good doctor for fibromyalgia? Are there any noteworthy hospitals?

Responses (4)

Bleuidcowgirl 6 Nov 2013

I go to a rheumatologist.

kaismama 6 Nov 2013

Yes, generally its a rheumatologist, but not all of them are as good as others for fibro. You can ask them in the office if he deals with allot of fibro before you ever make an appointment. There is nothing stopping you from changing doctors either, if you find he's not too understanding of it. Hospitals don't usually have anything to do with fibro, since it doesn't cause acute illness. Its the last place I'd go for pain control.

DzooBaby 6 Nov 2013

Not all rheumatologists will work with fibro patients so be sure that when you are inquiring about a rheumy, find out if he does treat fibro patients and perhaps find one that specializes in fibro.

Kittenliz 7 Nov 2013

I agree with above. Ive mostly seen psychiatrists. And I do change Drs. if they don't help me. free discount card

Search for questions

Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.

Similar Questions