Can you feel pain on your kidneys?

chuck1957 27 Sep 2017

Derick; SURE YOU CAN BUT DON'T PUT YOURSELF IN OVERDRIVE WORRYING MANY TIMES IT TURNS OUT TO BE SOMETHING VERY SIMPLE BUT YOU SHOULD GET IN AND HAVE THEM OR YOU CHECKED AS SOON AS YOU CAN THIS IS NOTHING YOU WANT TO FOOL WITH. HAVE A GOOD DAY CHUCK1957

rab51074gmailcom 27 Sep 2017

Kidneys are nothing to mess around with I had a friend that died from kidney failure she was in perfect health only 27 Years Old. I was a medic in the army I saw her 2 days before she died and she just looked a little yellow to me.

DancnDar 27 Sep 2017

When I have pain in my kidneys it means I have a kidney infection (I get urinary tract infections which sometimes leads to a kidney infection). If left untreated it can cause damage to you kidney. To be safe get it checked out as soon as possible.

FMTaherDO 1 Oct 2017

Kidney pain is visceral pain and can be vague. Often a vague flank pain, a sharp pain is denoted by non visceral pain also known as somatic pain. For example a kidney stone in a ureter causes sharp localized pain because ureters have a muscular layer. So you know where the pain is and is very sharp. A kidney pain will often be a full but very achy flank pain that radiates.

Bottom line, you can feel organ pain but it's often referred and non localized.

G Mc 2 Oct 2017

Hi Derick: The answer to this question for me is Yes, you can feel kidney pain. I went to the doctor, told her about the symptoms I was having. She said my urine culture came back negative and to do some exercises for the pain and use a heating pad on my back. Nothing showed up on my blood work either.
I was having symptoms - extreme back pain and on my side, and frequent need to urinate.
This week, two months after my previous appt, I had another appt and got my bloodwork and urine tests back again, and was told this time that I have a "nasty urinary tract infection".!
I was started on the generic Macrobid. The pain had gotten much less intense before this last appt.
But after being on the generic Macrobid, the pain came back more intensely and the frequent urge to urinate was worse also.