Do you feel 1mg of ativan daily for insomnia is going to be habit forming?

kaw06 6 Aug 2013

If you're worried about forming an addiction, talk to your doc and discuss your concerns:^)
That being said, I am on the same Mg, I will split that in half if i'm feeling tired anyway, and sometimes I'll take one every other day. If I don't need it, I don't use it.

kaismama 6 Aug 2013

Anything you take for sleep can be habit forming. Its very easy for us to think we will not sleep without something, and take that pill. Sleep is such a mental problem for us, we lay in bed and think about the fact we aren't sleeping, so we get more anxious, then for sure we won't sleep. Ativan can cause dependence but that isn't addiction. And taking it only at night is not taking it enough to cause a real problem.

amy_carver7904 6 Aug 2013

1mg will not b habit forming if u take it right but if u take more u will get addition to it and if u get hooked on it. It is very hard to get off of