How do you get diagnosed with fibromyalgia?

chuck1957 17 Sep 2017

Really you can't without going to the doctor. What you should do is start to write down problems you are having so you have a list of problems you're having and you don't forget. Many of the times it's hard to diagnose for the doctor because there really is not a good test done, Sometimes things may show up high in a blood test but other than that it is the symptoms you get with it. So try and get into the doctor they have many ways of treating it but with luck, it might just be something else. Chuck1957

chuck1957 17 Sep 2017

This might help you these are the signs of it, But no matter what please get in to see the doctor there are also other things that can mimic this. chuck. symptom and pressure points.((( Old guidelines required tender points. Fibromyalgia is also often characterized by additional pain when firm pressure is applied to specific areas of your body, called tender points. In the past, at least 11 of these 18 spots had to test positive for tenderness to diagnose fibromyalgia.))) best of luck. Chuck1957

Windchimes123 17 Sep 2017

Hi C,
Would you mind sharing why you think you have Fibro, your age and sex, and most importantly, the symptoms?
Fibro is an exclusionary syndrome.
You probably know that this means you need to rule out other diseases because there are no specific tests.
It is very frustrating and you need to stand up for yourself because many doctors will chalk it up to anxiety/ depression and valuable time is lost.
It's what is described as an "Invisible Disease". It can take years of searching to get an official diagnosis so you need to be assertive.
Best wishes
:-)

chuck1957 17 Sep 2017

VERY GOOD WINDCHIMES; AND BELOW MY FIRST POST I COPIED AND PASTED THE COMMON SIGNS AND ABOUT PRESSURE POINTS. THESE DOCTORS SOME CAN BE A REAL PAIN PARDON THE PUN. HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU CHUCK

Windchimes123 17 Sep 2017

Thanks for asking, Chuck.
Just discharged from the hospital. I went in for a feeding tube replacement and finding out I had asymptomatic "bad pneumonia "... Lol
I think I'm going to stop going to doctors!
In the old days you just got older and illnesses popped up.
Now you find out too soon and more time to worry. Lol...
Hope all is well on your side.
:-)

chuck1957 17 Sep 2017

Well, windchime things are still going have an appt with my cancer doctor Tuesday so we will see. Your right sure wishes we could avoid having to go so often seems like every time something else happens. Well, hope you get to feeling better very soon. Thanks for everything Chuck.

Windchimes123 17 Sep 2017

Best wishes in your upcoming appointment.
If you get a chance, let me know how things went.
Night
;-)

chuck1957 17 Sep 2017

Thanks so much Windchimes you don't know how much that means to me. nobody deserves this my Vision is shot which is why I type caps a lot and the chemo brain comes and goes scary stuff. and still, my blood count keeps screwing around platelets more than anything. Thanks again. you're a dear friend from a scared one. Chuck