Hi so me and my boyfriend have been dating for a while now and started having sex a couple months ago. We both lost our virginity to each other. I have noticed multiple times after sex that my vagina gets very itchy and sometimes swollen for a couple days and it feels similar to a yeast infection. So I take monastat (medicine for yeast infections) and it usually goes away within a few days. However, this is continuously happening after sex and its starting to worry me. I have done a bunch of research and everything says that you can't get a yeast infection from having sex so I'm not sure if it is something else. As i said before we are the only people we have had sex with so it can't be an std. About a year ago when I was with a different guy he fingered me and i had similar symptoms but that was a one time thing up until now. This situation reminded me of that so I'm not sure if it will help at all. I am going to try and make an appointment to go to the gynecologist but i have to first figure out how to talk to my mom about this. Until then any advice would be really helpful