I have been looking up more details about yeast infections and it seems like the predominant symptoms are itching and chunky white discharge. I have had itching, but not the discharge. It also isn't unbearable itching, but it is slightly uncomfortable, which led me to believe that it was just a mild yeast infection.

I believe I do have a yeast infection but I am scared that it may be some other infection that requires antibiotics.

I am on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo, and have been for a couple months now. My period is coming up next Wednesday as well. I had sex multiple times over the weekend with my significant other and I had accidentally fell asleep right after my night workout in my gym clothing. I had believed the combination of all of that had called for an imbalance of bacteria and caused an infection. I hear it goes away

Would it likely be a yeast infection? I plan on waiting it out until Friday to buy an over-the-counter antifungal cream to relieve the itching. I have been thoroughly cleaning my vagina and also patting it dry post-shower and making sure it does not get warm or moist in that region. I am hoping it would die down, but if it does not, what should I do for now?

My school insurance does not start until August so I do not have health insurance for now, so going to a primary care doctor isn't possible for me until then.

Thank you so much.