Xifaxan help with ibs and ic? will it get rid of bloating gas and discomfort?

Anonymous 16 May 2010

No. In fact the consumer information said it could actually cause those same symptoms.
Rameses

panda023 16 May 2010

ive read those same side effects but most antibiotics usually do have those side effects ive read some good info on helping with ibs and bacterial overgrowth, i was taking tetrycycline and it was horrible. im also on librax and that seems to help maybe both working together i will have good success i hope :)

panda023 16 May 2010

Ha anyone heard depo provera hormone shot can cause IBS symptoms and IC symptoms?

Anonymous 17 May 2010

Hi panda023. You've probably already have seen this, but right below this comment, there is a place You can click on, and it will tell You a lot of other in depth stuff on the drug Xifaxan. That's where I read the information that I got the other night, when I responded to the question. I do hope that this helps, and good luck with finding something for this problem. If I hear of anything, I will definitely pass it on to You. Much luck to You, panda023.
Rameses

Tina2012 2 Oct 2012

I have to be careful to not work myself up over the side effects listed. I get very paranoid. I took xifaxan before for IBS and it worked immediately. I just started another course last night. Wish me luck.