... mouth sores, due , primarily ,to my taking 3 psych. Meds, for anxiety/depression issues: , Lithium, Sertraline, and Doxepin. I have used various mouth rinses creams lozenges, gels, all to no avail. I have not been able to brush my teeth for the last few months, due to the mouth pain, soreness and burning that they cause me. I just to visited my general dentist, and he said that I had to use toothpaste, 2-3 times per day, or I would eventually lose my teeth, from tooth decay. So, I tried whatever specialty toothpastes that I could find , both in- store,and on the Internet, for dry mouth and the resulting really painful mouth
mouth sores:, from Tom's, Biotene, Arm and Hammer Peroxicare, and even Sensodyne. I just couldn' t tolerate any of them. Either they burned my mouth (from mouth sores) or they were so minty- tasting, that they made me nauseas. I couldn't even touch "regular" toothpaste. I am desperate! my question is this: Does anyone out there, who has dry mouth and/or mouth sores, have a solution to this big problem? Does anyone know of, or have used it yourself, or someone else, who has used successfully, either toothpaste or tooth powder, "natural"," dry mouth", or other,preferably non-mint, which has helped you to brush your teeth, that hasn't caused you to have side effects, such as burning, soreness, nausea, or other such problems, which might help me? My dentist says that mouth rinses are not enough to prevent further took decay. I am at my wit's end with this unending problem. Please help me if you can. Thank you for your help,
Bev Dolgin