I am currently on xanax .but new dr wants to put me on buspar will I have withdrawals and does busp?

Factfinder411 8 Sep 2013

Yes, buspar in my opinion sucks did not work for me but give me headaches. I have only known one person it has worked for. Xanax actually helps when I go out or having an anxiety episode. Kind of weird you started on Xanax and now they want you to switch buspar. Usually it's the other way around. Doc trying to save their med l's.

What mg are you taking of the Xanax because withdrawal can led to seizure and death if not treated properly.

kaismama 8 Sep 2013

Buspar can help if its taken correctly. You have to take it on a regular basis. It does not work if you take it like xanax, only when you need it. You have to be weaned off the xanax, buspar is not a benzo and will not cover the lack of xanax. They are two different drugs and have to be taken correctly.