Is Xanax effective for treating depression?

ChelleKay 4 Oct 2017

I am prescribed Xanax for anxiety/depression and find it quite helpful. My current dosage is 1mg tablets, up to 5 per day. I usually get by with 4 per day. My doctor started me at 2 a day and it took a long time to work up to the 5 I am now prescribed. I am also on Remeron for PTSD and that has been a miracle med for me. My PTSD was very bad due to an assault on my person. Personally, I think Xanax is better with anxiety than depression, but we all can react differently to different meds. Its certainly worth a try. Best of luck, ChelleKay

chuck1957 4 Oct 2017

Vm; yes it can to a point but normally the use more than just xanax so you won't get to dependent on it if the depression is more noticeable now than when you started with the xanax or either way you should call and talk with the nurse or doctor soon. Chuck1957 free discount card