Would you take Forteo with history skeletal radiation? Hiatal hernia prevent use of oral meds?

mitjason 24 Dec 2009

Patients with bone metastases or a history of skeletal malignancies should not be treated with Forteo do to the fact that FORTEO caused some rats to develop a bone cancer called osteosarcoma. If you've already talk to your doctor about this then I would follow doctors orders. As for the Hiatal Hernia preventing the use of oral medications... It's hard to say. Most medications have warning on their labels saying do not take when you have a Hiatal Hernia. Most doctors would do surgery.I would recommend having you doctor put you on something to help with the Hiatal Hernia such as Riopan or another chewable antacid that you drink with water. I hope this helps at least a little. I also hope you start to feel better soon! Good Lcuk and Happy Holidays!