A girlfriend of mine gave me two sample size bottles of Lumigan. She explained that it is the same thing as Latisse (which is proven to increase thickness and length of eyelashes and FDA approved per there commercial). Naturally, I want to have longer, fuller eyelashes, but I have several concerns.
Although I have 20/20 vision, my eyes are sensitive and since moving from Washington to Vegas, they sometimes water for hours at a time and seem to be even more sensitive.
After reading the insert instructions and looking online I found that Lumigan (bimatoprost opthalmic solution) is actually a medication for the reduction of elevated intraocular pressure in patients with open angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension. Which is word for word the "Indications and Usage" section of the insert that comes in the box. It also reads that Lumigan may gradually change eyelashes and vellus hair in the treated eye; these changes include increased length, thickness and number of lashes.
If I only needed to brush the product on my lashes, I wouldn't be as concerned. The medication needs to be dropped directly into your eye. That makes me very nervous.

What is your opinion on using this product?
Should I be using this product for eyelash growth?
Since my eyes are sensitive, should I not use ANY unnecessary products in or around my eyes?
Thank you for your time. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving weekend!