Hi there,

I have just started Celexa a little over a week ago for anxiety. Prior to Celexa I was on Paxil 40mg for 3 years it worked wonders however towards the end it became less effective and constantly kade me drowsy and unmotivated. Then there was a period of about 6 months where I was off medication, however my anxiety became too much and I needed some help. One of my doctors prescribed lexapro 10 mg. I didn’t feel the effects, so I got a second opinion, my psychiatrist put me on 20 mg of Celexa, It has only been a little over a week and I feel that I have calmer moments and sleep has slightly improved however I still have a good deal of anxiety. My doctor has now increased the dose by 10 mg and I am to start this amount this week and see how I feel. I was just wondering is it normal to feel this way when starting Celexa or should my
Anxiety have gotten much better already ? My calm moments I also don’t know if it’s the actual medication working, or rather me telling myself that the medication will kick in evenetually and I will start to feel better. ( hopefully this last sentence makes sense ) I haven’t experienced really any side effects except drowsiness and a bit of dry mouth. Again I just want to know if I should be feeling more of the benefits of the medication at this point or is it still pretty early? I am hoping that the Celexa will make me feel as good as the Paxil did at its best point.
Thanks so much for your time.