Hi there, I am wondering how does Bupropion help focusing and concentration?

kaismama 17 Apr 2015

With focus and concentration its also a problem with depression, and bupropion is an antidepressant, but in addition it acts on many chemicals in the brain, so that very well could have an effect on other concentration problems. However, from wikipedia-There have been numerous reports of positive results for bupropion as a treatment for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD),[29] both in minors and adults.[30] However, in a double-blind study of children, while aggression and hyperactivity as rated by the children's teachers were significantly improved in comparison to placebo, parents and clinicians could not distinguish between the effects of bupropion and placebo.[30] The 2007 guideline on the ADHD treatment from American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry notes that the evidence for bupropion is "far weaker" than for the FDA-approved treatments. Its effect may also be "considerably less than of the approved agents ... Thus it may be prudent for the clinician to recommend a trial of behavior therapy at this point, before moving to these second-line agents."[31] Similarly, the Texas Department of State Health Services guideline recommends considering bupropion or a tricyclic antidepressant as a fourth-line treatment after trying two different stimulants and atomoxetine.[32]

LaurieShay 17 Apr 2015

It improved my focus and concentration. I suffer from depression and anxiety. When I started bupropion I noticed I was less easily distracted and better able to stay on task. We are all different, but I suspect the bupropion not only elevated my mood, but also decreased my anxiety.