I was wondering if there is an antidepressant that can lift my mood similar to tramadol?

WildcatVet 4 Oct 2018

Hi, Hayley! Tramadol is actually a narcotic-like pain reliever which has sedative effects for many people.
Depending on what you mean by "lift" your mood any of the antidepressants could relieve depressive symptoms, but Wellbutrin is often considered to be the most energizing. Every person's response to these medications is different and there are many classes of antidepressants so it's often a matter of trial and error to find the one best suited for your needs.
Best regards and good luck! Wildcat

Hayleyjane 4 Oct 2018

Hello thank you very much for your response I shall look into it and post my thoughts on it if I decide to try it.

elfinawe 5 Oct 2018

I would strongly recommend talking to a doctor with experience and training in mental health. There are many different types of anti-depressants. Only someone with knowledge in this area can suggest the best one for you to try and to monitor your response. Yes, it is often necessary to try a few different ones as they seem to have a different effect on different people, including possible side effects.