Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome - are there natural cures for wpws? perhaps in other countries?

robo 20 Sep 2009

No. There are no natural cures for Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome

Treatment for Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome:
Medication may be used to control or prevent rapid heart beating. These include adenosine, antiarrhythmics, and amiodarone.

If the heart rate does not return to normal with medication, doctors may use a type of therapy called electrical cardioversion (shock).

The current preferred therapy for Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome is catheter ablation. This procedure involves inserting a tube (catheter) into an artery through a small cut near the groin up to the heart area. When the tip reaches the heart, the small area that is causing the fast heart rate is destroyed using a special type of energy called radiofrequency.

Open heart surgery may also provide a permanent cure for Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome. However, surgery is usually done only if the patient must have surgery for other reasons.
https://www.drugs.com/enc/wolff-parkinson-white-syndrome.html

spunky1205 11 Nov 2009

I was diagnosed with WPW in October. I chose to have the ablation so I could start seeing immediate results. I am 28 and the doctors thought that I just had anxiety and kept sending me home with xanax and told me to go to a therapist. After six months they finally ran an EKG and found the WPW. The surgery was a success and my recovery has been wonderful. My quality of life has improved greatly. The medication they put me on actually bottomed out my already low blood pressure so make sure you get answers from your doctor on medication options and side effects if you try them out. Good luck and know your not alone!