What are the withdrawal symptoms from goingff ativan cold turkey?

Anonymous 12 Jan 2013

Hello merrymis 424,

Withdrawal symptoms include headaches, anxiety, tension, depression, insomnia, restlessness, confusion, irritability, sweating, dysphoria, dizziness, derealization, depersonalization, numbness/tingling of extremities, hypersensitivity to light, sound, and smell, perceptual distortions, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, appetite loss, hallucinations, delirium, seizures, tremor, stomach cramps, myalgia, agitation, palpitations, tachycardia, panic attacks, short-term memory loss, and hyperthermia.

I do not recommend this I did a cold turkey from Xanax, and it was... terrible for almost 4 weeks, the higher the doses and the longer you are on them the harder it becomes.

I now take ativan, and I would suggest if you have the possibility to discontinue the benzo gradually under Dr.´s supervision, again if you can.

Best of luck,

masso.-

Anonymous 12 Jan 2013

Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorazepam#Withdrawal