Will Ultram generate a false positive on a urine screen for drug testing of illegal substances?

clm1970 13 Jan 2010

It is doubtful because it is not a true opiate but works on those receptors. However, I have talked to others who claim that it can which is theoretically a definite possibility.

craig79792000 20 Apr 2010

For years I worked as a parole officer and had access to drug testing. Of course I tested myself out of curiosity and I was always negative on ultram. To be sure, I sometimes took hydrocodone and it showed up positive. Overall, I probably tested myself ten times while taking ultram and was never positive. I still have some tests left over... saving them for when my daughter hits her teens... lol. Dont worry about it, I also recently passed a urine test for my current job without any trouble.