Will tramadol lessen the symptoms of methadone withdrawal?

Anonymous 12 Sep 2011

it will delay them basically, it will lessen them, but you are simply replacing a long acting opoid with a short acting opoid, so, yes, but if you run out of tramadol, the methadone wd is going to come back.

Jillynnie 12 Sep 2011

bobby,
I agree with Patti, you are really trading one for the other. Are you trying to taper your methadone usage or are you treating a pain problem?
Patti has a terrific testimony of tapering from suboxone on her avatar. It is worth checking out. You can apply this method to the methadone, I would imagine... or you may consider going on to suboxone for a time to help deal with the wd's as well as give your brain time to heal.

Best wishes,
~Jillynnie

Anonymous 12 Sep 2011

thanks Jill, I actually got the biggest tip, to exercise by walking, from a methadone community member who used to be here, named mpvt. I did write him to tell him it worked like a charm, he MAY be on the "light" side of this site, forum/discussion boards. I joke about this side being "the dark side," of the site. I wondered to if the person was just running low, or out of methadone, of if they had stopped it on purpose. Hope they feel better soon at any rate. Patti