Will this shot stop me from having kids for the rest of my life ?

Anonymous 14 Jul 2010

Hello, the answer is no, but you should know the following:

What is the most important information I should know about Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone)?

PREGNANCY: Medroxyprogesterone inhibits fertility at high doses. It should not be given during pregnancy.

FUTURE FERTILITY

However, women who want to become pregnant may stop using Depo Provera at any time. For some women, fertility returns immediately. For others, it may take 6-18 months or longer for the body's hormone cycle to go back to normal.

You might want to discuss this further important information with your Gynecologist.

My very best wishes!

Anonymous 14 Jul 2010

Depo-Provera Contraceptive Injection (medroxyprogesterone acetate) is the U.S. brand name of a birth control product manufactured by Pfizer Inc. It is a hormonal birth control method containing a synthetic progestin, without estrogen, and is administered to women in the form of an intramuscular injection once every 11 to 13 weeks. Depo-Provera causes the ovaries to stop releasing eggs, and is 99.7% effective at preventing pregnancy.