Will the antibiotic Bactrim help with an infected tooth?

cheersrichard 16 Jun 2010

im not a medical expert so this is only from experience, i have no spleen from cancer so they give me strong antibioticws and i was last given i think it was bactrim for a stomach bug plus another antibiotic, it is suposed to be very strong but spefically prescribed for certain things, tooth infection, it may help but i would noy be certain it would cure it. Sometimes you can ring the chemist you got it from and ask the pharamasist and they have done the schooling to advise you further. I hate pain so i had to try to answer this, hope it works out.

Anonymous 16 Jun 2010

You can take it and it should work, it works well on soft tissue infections such as abcesses, but if you do NOT notice an improvement in 4 days, call your dentist.

Anonymous 16 Jun 2010

I hope this is your prescription as sulfa is one of the medications that alot of people are allergic to. If it is NOT your prescription, be careful and watch for allergic reactions such as swelling of the tongue, throat, or hives. Discontinue use immediately if you have these symptoms and consult a doctor.