Will tenorin cause or affect a heart murmur?

jackson222 24 Apr 2010

I don't know please asked the doctor I think that sometimes you can be born with it I have a heart murmur and my son was born with a heart murmur.

itsmetoo2 24 Apr 2010

I have a small murnur since birth and on tenormin for over 15 years now. No problems here.

Rajive Goel 26 Apr 2010

I did take Atenolol previously & now take Amlopdipine 5mg twice a day, however the uses are:

USES: This medication is a beta-blocker used to treat chest pain (angina) and high blood pressure. It is also used after an acute heart attack to improve survival. High blood pressure reduction helps prevent strokes, heart attacks and kidney problems.

This drug works by blocking the action of certain natural chemicals in your body such as epinephrine on the heart and blood vessels. This results in a lowering of the heart rate, blood pressure, and strain on the heart.

OTHER USES: This section contains uses of this drug that are not listed in the approved professional labeling for the drug but that may be prescribed by your health care professional. Use this drug for a condition that is listed in this section only if it has been so prescribed by your health care professional.