Will taking more xanax than recommended by your doctor lead a patient to strange/unusual behavior?

Anonymous 1 Aug 2010

Yes, and besides strange behavior, taking more Xanax than prescribed can cause seizures.
Best wishes,
sweetlemon

Anonymous 1 Aug 2010

Not only will it cause strange and unusual behavior it will also cause addiction. If suddenly stopped can cause seizures or cause you to go into a comma.

Anonymous 1 Aug 2010

I guess me and sweetlemon agree sorry sweety i just saw your post but yes sweetlemon is correct!

Anonymous 1 Aug 2010

Why thank you MIchelle m' belle!

Anonymous 1 Aug 2010

No problem good answer couldnt have answered it better myself :)

christineATU 1 Aug 2010

Apparently someone disagreed with our friends answer. So I copied this information directly from the source. It confirms exactly what mrspage and sweetlemon have answered. I suggest sbrownkrock use the link to read all the info on this medication as it can cause unusual behavior as well.

"Xanax may be habit-forming and should be used only by the person it was prescribed for. Xanax should never be shared with another person, especially someone who has a history of drug abuse or addiction. Keep the medication in a secure place where others cannot get to it. Do not crush, chew, or break an extended-release tablet. Swallow the pill whole. It is specially made to release medicine slowly in the body. Breaking the pill would cause too much of the drug to be released at one time".

Read more: https://www.drugs.com/xanax.html#ixzz0vN6ASyob

Anonymous 1 Aug 2010

Why thank you my dear i appreciated your help:)

christineATU 1 Aug 2010

I got your back, and my wild irish rose!

sbrownkrock 1 Aug 2010

thanks to all who have answered my question. my sister will need to read these answers herself because i have tried to talk to her about only taking what dosing that her doctor prescribed to her but she insists she can take as many as she needs to "make her feel better". again thanks and have a good day.