and exactly how it is delivered in to your system? Is there a drug comparable to it?
FENTORA is fentanyl in pill form. It is supposed to be prescribed for terminally ill cancer patients. It is uded for cancer break through pain. It is extremely powerful and should only be used by patient with a unusually high opiate tolerance such as near end cancer patients.
This is not a drug to be taken lightly, only for terminally ill cancer patients...
The most important information you should know about FENTORA is:
1. FENTORA can cause life-threatening breathing problems which can lead to death:
* If you are not regularly using other opioid pain medicines around-the-clock for your constant cancer pain and your body is not used to these medicines. This means that you are not opioid tolerant
* If you do not use it exactly as prescribed by your doctor
2. Your doctor will prescribe a starting dose of FENTORA that is different than other fentanyl containing medicines you may have been taking. Do not substitute FENTORA for other fentanyl medicines, including Actiq®, without talking with your doctor.
- Fentora Information for Consumers
- Fentora Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Fentora (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 27 Feb 2010 • 1 answer
Posted 28 Apr 2010 • 3 answers
Posted 19 Aug 2012 • 3 answers
Hi. I am new this to group. I have been diagnosed with the"worst case of fibro" my pain doc has seen
Posted 12 Dec 2012 • 2 answers
Posted 13 Aug 2015 • 0 answers