Will Seroquel make me less drowsy the longer I take it?

kellyandtodd 26 Apr 2010

Its hard to say because every one is different,but most of the time when your body adjust to the meds the side effects will go away,if it is bothersome talk to your doc and maybe seeing if you can take it at night,theres alot of people including me who take meds like that at night because it does make you so tired,hope this helps

mrsgoat24 26 Apr 2010

For me, I have been taking seroquel for 4 almost 5 years now, and over time, it stops making me sleepy, but it helps calm my mind down to where I can fall asleep.

Stefanos108 26 Apr 2010

Thanks for the response. When I take Seroquel, I take it at about 9 pm, but I can barely function until early next afternoon, and that's if I use some caffeine. Last week I had a 4 pm meeting, and I actually was dozing off the entire time. Seems unusual.

kellyandtodd 27 Apr 2010

I hope you find the time of day or night that is best for you,just keep taking it a diff times and see what works best for you my time is 11 and then i go to bed and wake up feeling ok,,good luck

Princess22008 27 Apr 2010

I don't know but I take mine at 5 p.m. so that I am able to get to sleep at a normal time which is usually about 9 p.m. About an hour after taking all my meds, I get to where i can't stand for more than 10 minutes without feeling like I'm going to fall down but not from drowsiness but from lack of energy. And my Seroquel has been increased so that I can sleep more and not wake up during the night 3-4 times which leaves me irritable and mean the next day.

Stefanos108 27 Apr 2010

Thanks -- that's helpful. Maybe I should try taking it earlier in the evening rather than at 9:30 or 10.

Anonymous 10 Feb 2012

Hello Stefanos108. If you mean by your question will or can your body build up an immunity to it, making the drug in effect less drowsy? Yes. If its a matter of it makeing you drowsy and sleepy, sedated, take it at bedtime. Good health and wishes to you,pledge